Inclusive and non-sexist digital communication for companies
For companies, it is imperative to have a digital external communication strategy with a gender perspective, in order to position the brand, strengthen the identity of the company and thus create a sustainable relationship with clients. It is essential to always incorporate this approach when developing content and participating in digital spaces since it generates:
- An identity and image of the organization that reflects inclusion, attracting more customers.
- More precise, high-quality products and services that meet customer needs, which are not based on gender roles and stereotypes: when you have a team that reflects this diversity of customers, a more personal approach is achieved creating greater satisfaction by this.
- Diversity of the company: through the use of non-sexist and inclusive messages in job offers, a culture of inclusion is reflected.
Scroll To Learn More
Tips to implement inclusive digital communication
To put inclusive digital communication into practice, it is necessary to:
1. Evaluate the current content and structure of your website.Evaluate the digital strategy of your social networks.
2. Evaluate the digital strategy of your social networks.
- Have an inclusive design that appeals to a diverse group of people.
- Avoid androcentric vision when designing logos or icons.
- Add links and resources related to the issue of inclusion and gender in order to express the company’s interest in addressing these issues.
- It is important that the company is vocal in its commitment to advance gender equality inside and outside the organization.
- Represent all people in a balanced way both in images and in the messages published on the platforms.
Content (videos, articles, audio)
- Use different voices in the video or audio locution.
- Invite different experts when writing blogs or articles.
- Use diverse resources in order to bring different voices.